We hope everyone had a great holiday season. We made it through with flying colorsthanks to all of you! The weather held out (although a little rough in spots), and we were
able to tackle the commitments the Postal Service required of us. Think spring, it is around the corner!
- Employee Survey–Last October we sent out an employee survey to all employees of Robert M. Neff & Dennis Truck Lines and 60% of you responded. Thank you! We have
reviewed the results and are taking all of your suggestions and comments into consideration. We are making changes to correct some of our shortcomings and trying to exploit our attributes. Again, thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. It has not fallen on deaf ears. We appreciate every employee and what you bring to the team.
- New Dispatcher Assignments – We have made a few changes to help with route planning and driver assignments. Each dispatcher is to be reaching out to their group of drivers on a weekly basis to see how you are doing. If you are not contacted by someone from dispatch each week, I want to know about it.
- Terryis taking all of the Columbus drivers, Ryan is taking all of the Cincinnati, Memphis and Columbus Straight Truck Drivers and Bruce is taking Cleveland, Pennsylvania and West Virginia drivers.
Each dispatcher is to plan and execute your route. If you have an issue when one of them is not here, it’s not a problem, we will still take care of you. This should help you and the company to stay up to date with what’s going on.
- New Dispatcher–We want to welcome Ryan Wisecarver to the dispatch team. Ryan joined us a few months ago and is committed to helping us help you. If you talk to him on the phone or see him at the terminal, please introduce yourself.
- New Speed limits in all parking areas We have established “geo fences” through Loadtrek that will flag any driver who is speeding at any parking area. We have set the necessary speed limit to 8 MPH for all company parking area’s and any postal facility. We have had numerous complaints about drivers moving too fast in an area, this should help us pin point the violators. Please Slow Down in any Parking area or Postal Facility!
- Cassidy Avenue ForbiddenDrivers are no longer permitted to use Cassidy Avenue as a route of travel to the City Gate Postal Facility, please use Steltzer Road to Agler Road as your alternative route.
- Driver Referrals– We have had several applications submitted based on driver referrals, THANK YOU for sending good candidates our way.
Best Regards and Safe Travels,
Dante and Chuck Berkheimer
Over the past few months, we have been working to revamp our website to make it more user friendly and informative for our
employees, applicants and the general public. We have developed an employee page that has links to our benefits programs, health and welfare benefits, contact information and employee newsletters. Please take a moment to go to www.rneffinc.com and visit our new and improved website!
I will be coming to your area of operations in the near future. If you need any supplies or have any problems/concerns, I will be there to address any issues you may have.
At the beginning of the year, we set a goal to achieve 90% or better on our LoadTrek optimization score.
That would reveal that our drivers were where they needed to be, when they needed to be there, 90% of the time.
The benchmark is a standard that the USPS would like it’s contractors to maintain throughout the duration of their service.
Starting out in 2016 Robert Neff Inc. had daily averages in the 50-70% range. At the end of Q1, we all have more experience with the LoadTrek system and our scores reflect that. We are proud to say that our scores are in the 80-90% range on a regular basis, and we achieved 100% on Wednesday 3/24/2016.
Ladies and gentlemen, we could not have done this without your effort and willingness to adapt to the ever changing demands of our clients.
We appreciate the hard work, and look forward to next quarter’s results! –Dispatch team
Please remember that timesheets must be submitted on a separate sheet each week with the correct dates. If there are no dates listed on time sheets, they will be returned to you. All timesheets must be submitted via email or fax or returned to the Hebron Office or Columbus Office no later than 5PM of pay week. ALL TIME SHEETS MUST BE TURNED IN BY 5PM OF PAY WEEK. IF TIMESHEETS ARE NOT TURNED IN BY 5PM, YOU WILL NOT BE PAID. Employees are encouraged to submit their timesheets electronically. Contact Angela Smith at email@example.com to participate in the electronic timesheet submission process. Late Slips must have your name included on them. No payment will be approved from the Post Office is there is not a name on the late slip. ! Thank you!